Wimmera, Mallee, North Central league players to line up for Vic Country 2

Wimmera Football League’s Beau Cosson will be part of the Vic Country 2 line-up on Saturday. Picture: PAUL CARRACHERHORSHAM coach Jordyn Burke will lead Vic Country 2 into battle against a Victorian Amateur Football Association representative team on Saturday.
Nanjing Night Net

The Demons ruckman-forward was vice-captain of the side last year when it scored a nail-biting one-point win against the same opponent in Melbourne.

Burke will be joined in the team by Ararat key forward Beau Cosson, who has enjoyed an outstanding debut Wimmera league season.

Cosson’s team-mate and fellow forward Liam Cavanagh will represent the Vic Country under-19s in the preceding match against a Victorian Amateur Football Association under-19 side.

Hopetoun midfielder Coleman Schache and Wedderburnhalf-back Rohan McHughhave also been selected in the Vic Country 2 final 22.

Both games will be played at Geelong’s St Albans Reserve, with the under-19s starting at 11am and the seniors at 1.45pm.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Units, shop plan near Redland Bay school

OWNERS of a block of land in Redland Bay are calling for developer interest to build 17 units, a shop and a café about 200m from Redland Bay State School.
Nanjing Night Net

Calls for developers to build 17 units and shop at this Redland Bay site. PHOTO: JUDITH KERR

Calls for developers to build 17 units and shop at this Redland Bay site. PHOTO: JUDITH KERR

The 8668sq m triangular block fronts one of Redland city’s most dangerous intersections at Giles and Cleveland-Redland Bay Road.

Redland City Council approved the development application which includes the two-storey, three-bedroom units covering 5000 sq m of the site in March 2012.

The proposed shop will include an parking for 44, an underground car park and an outdoor dining area.

Tree clearing will be necessary but no trees will be removed from an area zoned Environmental Protection.

The driveway to the site will be from Gordon Road, opposite a child care centre and an internal road will service the shops and units.

The first application, lodged on March 29, 2006, was for a service station, 12 units, shops and service industry over the entire site.

The land was originally zoned rural non-urban under the superseded Town Planning Scheme for the Shire of Redland 1988.

Under the current scheme, about half of the site is zoned Environmental Protection and half Urban Residential.

The proposal was publicly advertised and one properly made submission was received.

Expressions of interest close on July 16.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Newcastle MP Robyn Parker rejects apology after rival said he’d ‘tear her a new orifice’

Liberal MP Robyn Parker speaking at an official function earlier this year. Photo: Peter StoopRobyn Parker says she does not consider an email NSW Nationals MP John Williams sent her after he made sexist remarks about her in front of 100 people to be “an apology”.
Nanjing Night Net

During Mr Williams’s bid for pre-selection for the upper house in April, he is reported to have verbally attacked the Member for Maitland, threatening to “tear her a new orifice” and saying she had “never had a real man”.

Mr Williams, the member for Murray-Darling, was angry about a decision her department had made when she was still environment minister.

He was talking in front of about 100 Nationals members, including NSW deputy premier Andrew Stoner.

Mr Williams sent Ms Parker an email the day after his comments were made.

“Regrettably I let my emotions take over and said some things that probably destroyed my chances of a winnable place,” he wrote.

After his comments, Mr Williams emerged as an endorsed candidate, albeit in the almost unwinnable fourth position.

The offensive comments were revealed yesterday by Fairfax media at a time when the number of women in the NSW upper house from all parties is set to plummet.

Ms Parker, a Liberal MP, did not bring the attack against her into the public sphere but said now she was being asked about it she felt the need to speak strongly against it to show it should not be tolerated by any female.

She also said she thought the email Mr Williams sent her was self-centred and did not constitute an apology.

“The email was basically, in my view, him considering the effect on himself,” she said.

“He admitted it had cost him dearly but he did not admit what he said was inappropriate.

“It’s hurtful because we are in 2014 and this is an attitude that’s still prevalent, we have a lot more work to do.

“Those comments are not nice in any context and we need to stop those sort of behaviours wherever we are; no women should tolerate it.

“I think it is difficult for women in politics and we know that this is not a new thing and has been going on for some time.”

In 2004, Ms Parker told parliament she was raped as a teenager. She made the revelation while speaking in support of legislative change in regard to the Criminal Procedure Amendment (Sexual Offence Evidence Bill).

Jenny Aitchison will be running against Ms Parker in next year’s state election.

However yesterday the Labor candidate gave her full support to her opponent, saying the comments Mr Williams made were disgraceful.

“It’s not acceptable for any woman to be denigrated on the basis of their sex,” she said.

“I’m appalled. It’s tough for all women in politics; I’ve been the butt of sexist comments myself.”

Cessnock councillor and Liberal branch vice-president Cordelia Troy said Mr Williams needed to issue a public apology to Ms Parker.

“You play the ball not the man and to attack someone so personally, to attack them with such aggressive sexual language, there is no place for it in the community or in the parliament,” she said.

“It’s hate speech, he should be expelled.

“He owes Robyn a public apology.

“Everyone was attacking that women over the racist remarks she made on the train the other day but I think this is far worse; it’s an extremely serious issue, this man is supposed to a leader.”

Mr Williams was unavailable for comment yesterday but has previously told Fairfax media: “If I had my time again I would have never had said it. It was a stupid thing to say”.

Mr Stoner’s office declined to comment yesterday, but it is understood the deputy premier has in the past spoken to Mr Williams about his inappropriate language.

Newcastle Herald

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Football Mid North Coast round 11 results

Old Bar’s Jake Dawson with the ball on Saturday.FOUR teams are now equal fourth on the Football Mid North Coast Premier League competition ladder following round 11 fixtures.
Nanjing Night Net

Taree, Port FC, Kempsey Saints and Macleay Valley sit on 14 points, six shy of third placed Camden Haven.

Wallis Lake appears headed to the minor premiership and lead the ladder on 26 points with Port United on 22.

In round 11 games Macleay Valley Rangers and Taree Wildcats drew 0-0 at Dangar Street, Kempsey.

Port United accounted for Kempsey Saints 4-0, while Wallis Lake trounced Old Bar 5-2 at Old Bar.

Port FCscored a 5-2 win over Port Saints, while Camden Haven accounted for Wingham 3-1.

In reserve grade Macleay and Taree drew 1-1 while Port United thrashed Kempsey Saints 6-0.

Wallis Lake smashed Old Bar 6-0 while Port FC accounted for Port Saints 2-1.

Wingham Warriors relegated Camden Haven to last spot with a 1-0 win at Wingham.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

PigSty in July 2014: photos

PigSty in July 2014: photos PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll
Nanjing Night Net

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

PigSty 2014. Pic: Jonathan Carroll

TweetFacebookHUNDREDS of Hunter music fans made their way to Lower Belford on Saturday for PigSty in July.

Held at the same venue as Gum Ball, the event featured performers including Wolf and Cub, King of the North and Mojo Juju.

Click through a gallery of shots from the day by Herald photographer Jonathan Carrollabove.